Caravanners might feel confused with exactly what they need with regard to insurance of their caravan as an asset, as well as the contents of the caravan.
Here’s some information about caravan insurance to help alleviate the confusion.
Let’s Go Caravan Insurance generally covers you
- If your caravan is stolen;
- If your caravan is damaged or vandalised by someone;
- If your caravan is destroyed by fire, flood, hail, explosion, lightning, impact, high wind or other natural events;
- If someone steals items from your caravan or trailer, however you need to ensure the sum insured is sufficient to cover your property.
In addition, Let’s Go Caravan Insurance may cover you
- If your caravan can’t be towed and you need to have your it removed;
- For the costs of temporary accommodation if your caravan is damaged, stolen or destroyed more than 100km from your home;
- If there is a burn-out of the electrical appliances which are part of the caravan, for example, the air-conditioning or the fridges.
- If you have extras like annexes you need to check whether they are included in your policy as you may need to add these in separately;
- Read the Product Disclosure Statement, as all policies have terms, conditions and exclusions that apply to the cover;
- Look after your caravan and make sur it is properly secured and maintained.
- Policies don’t generally cover damage or deterioration caused by ‘wear and tear’.
To learn more about the features of Let’s Go Caravan Insurance, please visit https://www.letsgocaravaninsurance.com.au
Information is factual and not advice. It is provided by NM Insurance Pty Ltd (ABN 34 100 633 038 AFSL 227186) trading as Let’s Go Caravan Insurance. Always read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement before deciding to purchase an insurance policy. Let’s Go Caravan Insurance is underwritten by AIG Australia Limited (ABN 93 004 727 753 AFSL 381686). It is issued by NM Insurance on behalf of the insurer. The Caravan Industry Association of Australian receives a commission of 2.5% in respect of policies issued or renewed following their referral.
July 18, 2019